|Date of Birth||May 28, 1898|
|Place of Birth||Red Rock, New Brunswick|
|Next of Kin||David Peacock, father, Williamsburg, New Brunswick|
|Trade / Calling||Farmer|
|Service Record||Link to Service Record|
|Force||Canadian Expeditionary Force|
|Enlisted / Conscripted||Enlisted|
|Address at Enlistment||Williamsburg, New Brunswick|
|Date of Enlistment||April 14, 1916|
|Age at Enlistment||17|
|Theatre of Service||Great Britain|
|Prisoner of War||No|
|Date of Death||January 14, 1981|
|Age at Death||82|
|Buried At||Lake of the Woods Cemetery, Kenora, Ontario|
Charles Peacock was born on 28 May 1898 in Red Rock, New Brunswick. He was the son of David Peacock and Margaret Currie. He was a brother to Norman Peacock who also served in WW1. His other siblings were Ernest Robert, Ella, Dorothy, Clara, Queenie, Grace, Edna, and Eva.
Charles enlisted April 14, 1916 signing his attestation papers with the 140th Battalion in Saint John, New Brunswick. Training locally lasted till the fall of that same year before being shipped overseas.
Charles Peacock travelled to England aboard the S.S. Corsican, arriving on October 6, 1916. He became ill during training and was sent first to Boore Barracks Hospital then to the Military Hospital in Shorncliffe. Following several months of treatment for Pulmonary Tuberculosis Charlie received a medical discharge June 24, 1917.
Following the war he married Minnie Griffith in Fredericton, N and the couple moved first to Saskatchewan, then to Kenora, On. They had four children: Maggie, Gertie, Charlie, and Larry. His brother Norman Peacock also served in WWI, having enlisted in Red Deer, Alberta. Charlie worked in Kenora, first at the Keewatin Lumber Company, then with a local contractor, and for seven years on the CPR coal docks. He began working for the Town of Kenora in 1947 until his retirement in 1962. Charlie was well known to family and friends as a jack-of-all trades, able to build or repair almost anything.
Charles Peacock passed away on January 14, 1981 and was laid to rest in the Lake of the Woods Cemetery in Kenora, Ontario.
By Linda Pelletier